After first upload of your grails app, when you follow the same process to upload an update, the grails app sometimes doesn't work. I have no idea why but here are the steps to solve this.
- Always upload the war file into /jakarta_tomcat directory.
- After upload copy the file into webapps directory.
- In hostjava.net since webapps/ROOT is the default directory, create a backup of the ROOT directory, anywhere outside the webapps directory.
- Unzip the newly loaded war file.
- Place the contents into the root directory.
- Move the .war file outside webapps to avoid automatic deployment. Not moving the war file for some reason causes issues ONLY with grails applications.
- Now just restart the tomcat using the shortcut command of
or full command of /jakarta_tomcat/bin/startup.sh
- On starting up your application should work as expected.